Friday, April 4, 2008

I BEAT DARREN

This happened the night the Warriors were supposed to play San Antonio. So, if you look at my previous post you will see that I planned on playing basketball after work and then catching the end of the game. And because the game wasn't playing on regular TV, I had to go to DnB's. We get there and Darren and I decide to share a salad, California sliders and some chicken wings. I also wanted to get the meal with the Card so we could play games after. After watching TWO REALLY AWFUL GAMES (Warriors getting killed, and Denver beating the Suns), Darren and I decided to take out some frustration on some basketball games. Good thing for Darren the big basketball game was broken. We started off there, but since one of the hoops were broken and we couldn't see who was scoring more points we moved on to the smaller basketball games. We decided to play classic. This is where the basket starts closer and moves its way back. The further the basket is the more points you score. The first game Darren wins. CONGRATULATIONS!!! So we play again, I KILL HIM!!! And so of course we can't keep the score tied at 1-1 so we play again.. and again I KILL HIM!!!! by this time we have played about 4 games including the first broken game. I have not been playing much basketball and my arm's are starting to become dead. But of course Darren goes, "Okay, AGAIN! It wasn't fair because my basketball got stuck".. So I agree to play again even though I'm getting really tired... and AGAIN!! I beat him!!! I should have just let him win because right when we were done guess what Darren says. Yep, "Okay, one more time" By this time I'm like sweating, my arms are dead and there are tons of tickets flowing out of the machines. So we play ONE MORE TIME.. and the SCORE 89 to 79. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Darren you beat me. I must say, we're both really good at that game. There were a bunch of other white guys there and they were making fun of their friend b/c I was killin' his score.

No comments: