Friday, April 3, 2009

On my Mind...

This week has been so strange. Monday our Company did what they called limited restructuring. It was pretty much a layoff. I was very lucky to not be affected by it. However, it still felt so weird. I felt so bad for all of the people that no longer have their job. The economy is really taking effect right now and I'm really starting to feel the pain and grief that everyone is going through. Everyone that was affected will still work for Cisco for 2 months. However, their job now is to look for a job. If they can't find one in the 2 months then they will get a 4 month package. My company is great b/c everyone gets that same 4 month package no matter how long they worked here. It's so awkward and sad at work right now.

One thing I've been doing lately is working out.. I know shocker huh. Darren and I have been having this weight loss competition and I think I've bottomed out. It's annoying b/c I've actually been gaining weight. So as soon as that happened I decided that I should probably work out a little more. I've been walking to work everyday! It takes me 20 min each way. Just walking started to become too easy so I've added 3lb dumb bells in each hand to my daily stroll. Now, that's starting to get easy so I'm thinking about raising it to 5lbs.. but I don't know yet. Along w/ my daily walks I try to get in some type of cardio work out. Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday of this week I ran on the treadmill. I also try to do some kind of strength exercises like squats, crunches, etc. I'm feeling good hopefully I see results soon.

The last thing on my mind is: The Warriors suck! The overtime game wasn't even worth staying for.. It makes me sad! :*(

No comments: