Friday, May 15, 2009

Back from hawaii

We've been back from Hawaii for almost two weeks now and I'm still trying to get into the routine. One great accomplishment this week is I made it to the gym every morning. However, this morning all i did was run. No strength training. But I think even making it there is a good accomplishment. I'm back to the weight I was before we left for Hawaii so that's always a good thing.

Work has been crazy. Before I left things were pretty tense. I think everyone is still very uneasy about their jobs and the need to produce and produce well. It kind of sucks because people that are usually very nice are just on edge.

Not only has work been crazy but while we were gone Darren's auntie became very ill. She's been battling breast cancer for over 10 years and it looks like she's coming to the end. Darren's brother who we just saw in Hawaii came back out to visit. It's always nice to see him and we've gone to visit her a couple of times. She has always been very alert and sharp but really can't eat anything. Yesterday, Darren told me that this weekend will probably be her last and that she's made a video for her grandson Michael. Michael is only two and probably won't remember how great his grandmother was. I've been to a lot of funerals but they never seem to get easier.

This weekend is a busy one. Tonight we're going to celebrate Devin's birthday at Ocean Blue Sushi and Homestead Bowl. I hope things don't get too crazy b/c the weekend is our bazaar. I will be there all day both day's in the flipping burgers. My tan is almost gone so I hope I get one this weekend. I should, it's supposed to be HOT.

No comments: